Sunday, October 16, 2011

One-Bowl Pumpkin Bread


It's fall, which means it's time for pumpkin recipes!  I made this ridiculously easy pumpkin bread one night and brought it to work the next day.  It truly is one-bowl. You put all of the ingredients into a bowl, mix it all together, then bake it up (either one bundt pan or two loaf pans) and then you'll have some very yummy bread!  I think this might be the most popular thing I've ever brought into the office (and I've brought in a LOT of treats!!). I don't think it lasted more than 30 minutes in the kitchen.  I'll let the feedback speak for itself:
  • "Thanks for bringing pumpkin cake for us! It is super delicious. I am mind blown. I didnt even know pumpkin could taste so yummy!"
  • "Your pumpkin bread made my day! This whole side of the office is in a coma just enjoying."
  • "holy goodness"
As if you needed any more convincing...make this now!

Pumpkin Bread
Makes 2 loaves or one bundt pan
from A Muse in my Kitchen
Note: there is a green print button at the bottom of this post.  You can choose to print this recipe with pictures or without, and you can also choose which text to include in the printed version (i.e. recipe only) Try this link if you want to print the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup water
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredient together.
  2. Pour into 2 loaf pans sprayed with baking spray (or one bundt pan).
  3. Bake one hour at 350 degrees.
  4. Let cool, then remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar, if desired


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...