Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Return of Pacific Thyme (and Roasted Garbanzo Beans)

Wow, it has been a while since the last post on Pacific Thyme.  So long, in fact, that my browser doesn't auto-complete the address when I start to type it.... sad days.  I have had several people ask me lately if this blog was totally dead, enough people where I thought, geez, I really need to do a post if I actually want to keep this up!  So here we are.  This is Labor Day weekend, I have moved into a new apartment (with a kitchen I love to cook in!) and I am spending this Sunday evening getting a little carried away :)

What does that mean, exactly?  Well, it means that I am making several things that have been on my "make this asap!" list, and asap turned into....never.  These things include Garlic Knot Dinner RollsBanana 'Ice Cream', chocolate chip cookies (...because I have all necessary ingredients and am on a roll, ok?) and the thing I am most excited about: Roasted Garbanzo Beans!

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but garbanzo beans are, hands down, one of my favorite foods.  I tried a recipe for roasted garbanzo beans once before, but the recipe called for dried beans soaked overnight in water, then roasting them, but that was a lot of pre-planning (which I rarely do when I cook) so I wasn't keen on making that dish over and over again. But then I found this recipe, using canned garbanzo beans (which I ALWAYS have on hand), and knew I had to try it.  And it was so unbelievably simple, I can't make any excuses _not_ to share it with you.  If you have a can of garbanzo beans, some olive oil, salt and spices, then you are 45 minutes away from a very tasty and addicting snack :)

Roasted Garbanzo Beans
from Steamy Kitchen

Ingredients:
  • 1 Can of Garbanzo Beans
  • A drizzle of olive oil
  • Salt
  • Spice of your choice (I used chili powder)
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F.
2. Empty the can of garbanzo beans into a colander and rinse them.


3. Pour the beans onto a baking sheet lined with a paper towel.  With another paper towel on top, gently rub with circular motions to dry the beans and remove any skins.



4. Once the beans are dry, remove the paper towels and drizzle a small amount of olive oil over them, and spread it around so that they are evenly coated.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.


6. Sprinkle salt and spice(s) on the beans
Enjoy!

    1 comment:

    1. That looked WAY too easy. Totally going on the shortlist for dinner this week. The blogosphere (and I am slightly ashamed for using that word) missed you! looking forward to more!

      PS YAY for banana "ice cream"

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...